Notes From Week 8:
- Colombia: Pitalito, Ipiales Ecuador: Tulcan, Ibarra
- Date: January 12th to the 18th
- Distance Travelled: Bike- 242 km/ 150 miles; Bus- 549 km/ 341 miles
- On the days we biked, we averaged 60.5 km (37 miles) per day
- Spent: $24.5 / day / person
- Hours on the bike: 4.25 hours / day Speed: 13.8 kph (8 mph)
We also recommend stopping at Las Lajas basilica church on your way to Ecuador. It's only a few miles off the road and well worth the break.
If you're looking for great food in Ibarra, you need to stop at the Rosalia Suarez Helderia for ice cream/sorbet. And, if you are looking for a great American breakfast, California Social Pizzeria is the place to go.